Running should feel natural

Running should feel natural

Saturday, August 25, 2012

First Post

Welcome to my Runner's Blog.

I wanted it to be not just a "runner's journey" (a journey of one), but a pun to also mean the journey of many ("runners' journey) or to describe what many runners do (runners [all] journey).   I don't particularly like out and back routes (though I don't mind them either), but "out & back" really signifies going out for an accomplishment or a new feeling and making it back to where you started in an elevated state.  In this way I equate "out and back" with "coming full circle".

I started running several years back (the first handful of posts will most likely be recapping how I got here through races, training runs, and reflections).  I decided to make this focused solely on running and fitness and go into minimal detail about my personal life, work, and opinions.  Why wait until now to start a blog? Lazy; never saw the point; maybe I wasn't sure about the stigma of being a "blogger".  But better late than never right?  


So how did I get started running? No, I never ran cross country (or anything) in highschool or college.  Though, after being moderately fitness minded (a "gym rat" at times) and playing club Rugby in college, I started to want something more.  After a running store opened in Fairfax, Virginia (where I lived at the time) I took them up on their offer of "fun-runs".  It wasn't very fun at first and I couldn't finish the 5 mile route.  However, as time went on I was able to finish and even thrive each time.  After trying out a few small chip-timered races I think I was hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment