Running should feel natural

Running should feel natural

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Back at it

Sweet kicks!  New Balance M890.  Great lightweight shoe
 for uptempo days, intervals, and even on race day.

Back in the habit


I think its safe to say my injury is all healed up, and I am back out there semi-regularly.  So far I am only running every other day, with some spin classes sprinkled in there in place of easy runs.  My calves have actually been a bit touchy lately, but I attribute that to my newfound love of the "natural" running style, which 
often leave your calves feeling achy at first.  Achy, because you are utilizing muscles that have been neglected by the old heal-stomping method I used for the past 4-5 years of running.  Natural because you try to land on your mid-foot and fore-foot primarily.  I won't go into anymore detail, and won't even bring up "barefoot" or "minimalist" running.  I'm sure there is more than enough marketing out there for that already.

Winter running - yup, that means running with fun blinking
lights (and plenty of neon-yellow schwag).
It was my pleasure to take part in my first track workout with my running club since Chicago.  It was a 10x400 meter repeat workout.  We did "Christmas Repeats", where you team up with someone else and do 20 400's total by relay, trading off each time someone completes their lap (10 400's each).  It sure felt great to run fast, especially in 40-something degree weather that really lets you push it.

Starting my last 400 meter repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment