Running should feel natural

Running should feel natural

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Great Runs

Now that I'm feeling back to normal I have the pleasure of taking those weeknight runs that make you feel amazing!

Fun Running

Last night was nothing special, though at the same time it was amazing.  Ran to and from my usual fun run group at PR Running in Ballston.  Proceeded to do 5.5 miles with them at about a 7:30 pace.  Total mileage was about 8 miles.  Clear and cool out (but not too cold).

Back to Track

What track you ask?  I run the Wednesday night track workouts with my running club, DC RoadRunners at the Washington and Lee Highschool in Arlington.  Its a highschool that looks as nice as some liberal arts colleges - thats Arlington for you!

The W&L track from above.

Tonight's workout was intimidating,  a "ladder", all done at tempo pace (tempo pace being about your 10 mile race pace, which I determined is about 6:08 minute miles for me).  After about a mile and a half warmup, we did an 800 meter interval (2 laps around the track), with a 400 meter rest of very easy jogging, then a 1200 (3 laps), a 1600 (a mile), and then finish it off with a 2000 meter repeat (5 laps), all with 400 meter easy jog recoveries separating each repeat.

Incredible workout, felt invigorating.  A month of those and anyone is sure to get faster.  Then a very easy 1 mile run home to cool-down.  I'm chasing down that 10k PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment