Running should feel natural

Running should feel natural

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spectating Marine Corps Marathon

Once a Runner, Now a Fan

For Marine Corps Marathon 2012 I decided not to sign up and to spectate instead.  I had been focusing on speed more than distance the previous summer anyway, but part of me still wanted to run.  I figured this would be a good opportunity to do my duty as an active runner in the community and cheer on my friends (and thousands of strangers).

"Iron" Mike Wardian of Arlington - I think he came in 2nd.

Finally starting to really fill out - the 4:15 pace group.

While it was a nice change of pace it wasn't as fulfilling as I would have liked.  I took a lot of peoples' pictures, and while I am extremely grateful when people take my picture mid-race (heck, those are expensive from the on-site photographers), none of my subjects seemed too thrilled.  It was still a fun day, and neat to see from the other perspective.  I even stood out in costume with some friends on the 14th Street Bridge (later in the race than the above picture location).  Marine Corps Marathon is always run at the end of October so wearing costumes (either while watching OR running) is kind of a fun bonus.
Motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment